Sunday, November 4, 2012

Kava Kava


This summer I turned vegetarian again and started eating a ton of soy product. After a few weeks of heavy soy consumption I started noticing I was having PMS ALL the time.

A good friend of mine, Debi Hatfield  from Oregon came into town to stay with me a few days. I told her about my weird PMS problem and the first thing she asked is, "Are you eating a lot of soy or drinking soy milk?"

Apparently soy can have some major affect on your hormone levels.

She recommended an herb called Kava Kava. It looks like this:



According to Wikipedia, "Kava is sedating and is primarily consumed to relax without disrupting mental clarity."

With in three day of no soy and taking Kava Kava I felt so much better and like my old self again.

Debi also took me out to Cafe Rio and bought me a meaty lunch to break my vegetarian diet. I have such great friends!








No comments:

Post a Comment